Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! We Love COMMENTS!!! And we answer every one!

Monday, August 06, 2012

The Antique Cradle

By Brenda Savage

One of our first projects was a bed for Grace.  Not long after Grace arrived on Christmas Day, Sophie and I went shopping.  Sophie saw a doll bed at TJ Maxx and I almost bought it, but I remembered something that had almost been forgotten.  I had an antique doll cradle that I received from my grandparents when I was Sophie's age.  This doll cradle had been my grandmother's doll bed when she was a little girl!  When we got home I dug it out and Sophie's Dad and I started to work.

Christmas 1976  (yes, that's me, Sophie's mom!)


Sophie's Dad refinishing the cradle


Meanwhile, I was selecting fabrics for bedding.


Here is my first quilt in progress...


Finished!


Here is Grace on her first bed.  

No comments: