Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at:

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Doll house additions!

We have a couple new additions to the dollhouse.  We needed a better chair for lounging in the living room.  The rattan chair is just too tall and uncomfortable when all the girls are chatting.  SO, back to the craft room...

Here is the before picture
As you can see the rattan chair is much too high.  We also have a makeshift table on the left made from a glass vase turned upside down.

On a recent thrifting trip I found a little dresser that I thought would be great for that spot.  Here is a closeup.  I am sure it was meant for a jewelry box.  It looks hand painted.

Three deep drawers, perfect for storing all the tiny AG things we keep accumulating.

Then I went to my craft room and started experimenting with foam for a new chair.  After a couple hours I came away with this little chair.  The bric a brac is covering up my crooked seams.

Not perfect, but not too bad for a first attempt.

Here is the new highboy with some decorations

and add the new chair....

And a living room makeover for our AG dolls!  

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Doll Wedding

Sophie and her friend and her little brother, were having a doll wedding.  They set this all up themselves and I took photos - so cute!

First of all there must be music.  Here we have Grace on the flute and Emma singing the wedding song

Here is the maid of honor 
(or second bride depending on which doll you are playing with)


A mini dolphin figurine in her belt.  Something borrowed or something blue??  Discuss.

Next to the bride is the glitter lamp - of course.

The guests, very casually attired.

AND here is the wedding party!  Congratulations!!

wait a minute, something is missing....

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Baby Sweater to Doll Coat Tutorial

I found these baby sweaters at a thrift store.  They are so cute, I thought I might make them into doll sweaters.  So here we go!

As you can see the sweater  is much too large even though in the store 
I was CERTAIN it would fit.  : )

OK, first thing is cut off the sleeves.

Then turn the body inside out and pin to your doll.  Remember you want the fit to be loose enough to go over other clothes.
Stitch the sides along your pin line.  I also do a second zigzag stitch to finish the cut edge a little.

Put the body back on and place a pin at the shoulder.  Trim off the excess shoulder fabric.  Remember to cut less rather than more, you can always fit it all better later.

Put the sleeve on the doll and add a pin at the shoulder.  Cut a slight diagonal line up towards this shoulder pin.

Turn the sleeve inside out and pin to the doll just like you did with the body of the sweater.  Stitch along this pin line   Trim off the excess and zigzag raw edge.  

This is the tricky part.  I decided to insert the sleeve into the new arm hole to stitch.  Since the fabric is stretchy this was not too bad.  Line up the side seam and the sleeve seam.  Remember to put right sides together!  (I had to rip out one of my sleeves because I was talking to my Mom on the phone and didn't pay attention!) Stitch carefully around the arm opening.  

And here is the first sleeve reattached.

and here is the finished sweater.  I decided to leave the sweater long to be a sweater/coat or dress.  I think the sleeves are a little too long, but I could always stitch deeper into the shoulder seam and bring it all in tighter, but for now I think it is cute!

And here is the same sweater open with boots.
I folded the cuffs back and it looks more like a coat.


Here are two other sweaters I cut down from baby clothes.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Girls tulle skirt into AG ballgown

My daughter had this tulle skirt that did not fit her any longer.  So, as I always do, I thought of other things I could do with it.  Of course I thought I could make something for the dolls!

I held it up to one of our dolls and realized if I cut this skirt in half it would make 2 doll dresses.  So I cut it in half.  I fitted it on the doll again and decided to fold the elastic under.  Then I stitched my cut edges.

I added some ribbon shoulder straps to tie in back.  They are spaced about an inch and a half apart.
 I zig-zagged the ribbon on the folded under portion of the elastic waist.

I had this flower trim I thought would make a pretty waistband.

And here is a new ballgown for our AG dolls!

 AND, I still have another half of a tulle skirt for a second dress!

Here is one more....

Evening gown from girls skirt!