My daughter had this tulle skirt that did not fit her any longer. So, as I always do, I thought of other things I could do with it. Of course I thought I could make something for the dolls!
I held it up to one of our dolls and realized if I cut this skirt in half it would make 2 doll dresses. So I cut it in half. I fitted it on the doll again and decided to fold the elastic under. Then I stitched my cut edges.
I added some ribbon shoulder straps to tie in back. They are spaced about an inch and a half apart.
I zig-zagged the ribbon on the folded under portion of the elastic waist.
I had this flower trim I thought would make a pretty waistband.
And here is a new ballgown for our AG dolls!
AND, I still have another half of a tulle skirt for a second dress!
Here is one more....
Evening gown from girls skirt!