Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, August 25, 2012

An Easy Trundle Doll Bed

I am in a spot many moms with American Girls must reach, "How do I fit enough beds in her room for all her dolls!?!"  Well, it occurred to me that a simple trundle mattress would work fine.  So off to the sewing room...

I took one of our existing doll beds and cut out a piece of foam to fit underneath it.  (I use old egg crates from my kids beds, much cheaper than buying craft foam.  I just run it through the wash and it is great for crafts)

  Cover the foam with any fabric.  I did the same with a foam scrap to make a pillow.


When dolls are not asleep slide the mattress under the bed.  I figured that the whole wooden trundle frame is not necessary.  My daughter loves it and it is such an easy solution for multiple dolls.


 Another trundle I made for the bunks. Super easy and super functional.  Have fun!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the idea I think I can do this for my daughter's doll bed.

Brenda and Sophie said...

I try and make all my crafts easy. Glad you liked this idea.