Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! We Love COMMENTS!!! And we answer every one!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Julie makeover



 This is our friend's Julie doll.
She had her since she was 5 and she cut her hair and
gave her some coral lip color, which our friend did not want to change.

Her hair was in a pony tail and when I took it out it was cut pretty jaggedy.

 After a gentle brush out with a metal tine brush
I did a very careful trim (with our friends permission)
to even out some of the cut.  The hair was full length on one side and
Shoulder length on the other.  I actually evened out the sides to make it
look like Julie had gotten a layered cut all over.
I cut as LITTLE as possible though!



Julie's hair is a bit different than other AG hair, very fine and .  I find it harder to
repair and I am reluctant to use a straightener on it as I would with 
a doll with heavier hair, like a Molly or Felicity.

Our friend's Julie had a doll spa treatment.
A gentle wash with a baking soda & water solution.
I was VERY careful NOT to get any water or baking soda in her eyes.

Next I made a solution of fabric softener and water.
Her hair was not dirty so I just used it like a leave-in conditioner.  I brushed it through
then twisted it and left it for about 30 minutes then let her hair air dry.

BEFORE
and....

AFTER


This is a great easy flipped through pony tail.  
It hides the different lengths and makes a pretty style.

While the makeover made a big difference in Julie's appearance
her hair is still a bit damaged.  But now it can be brushed more easily and most
importantly our friend is very happy.  BTW she got to keep the dress.  : )

No comments: