Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, November 24, 2014

Found Vintage Madame Alexander Doll



I found this Madame Alexander baby doll 
at a thrift store for $2.99!

 She was wearing this dress which did not fit her,
so I knew it was not her original dress.
Her hair was matted and felt gummy.

 She was very dirty and had pen marks.  


Her hair felt dirty, so first thing I washed her hair.
I used some fabric softener after her wash to soften her hair which was very frizzy.
NOTE: since this post I have highly recommended wig shampoo
and conditioner instead of downy dunk.
Doll care & cleaning tips!
Next, baking soda bath with a washcloth.  
I was careful to avoid her eyes.
All the marks came off!!

A pretty dress and a careful hair styling and here she is!
I did a little research and she is a 1975 "Puddin" crier doll
though her crier no longer works.

BEFORE    &     AFTER

I was going to resell this baby but Sophie and I fell in love with her!
So, we named her Juliette.

5 comments:

Flo said...

She's adorable! I can't get over how nice she turned out too, great job.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks! I was pretty happy with the results too. I had thought I would resell her, but I fell in love with her sweet face. Amazing what a hair brushing and a pretty dress can do!

discodiva1979 said...

WoW! I would have kept her too-Nice Job & Thanks for the tips

Brenda and Sophie said...

I am glad you liked the results! I love restoring dolls and sharing what I have learned with other doll lovers.

Sue said...

You did an awesome job cleaning her up! I love Madame Alexander dolls. I have one the size above Pussycat, with dark hair from the 1970's as well. She is still one of my favorites. I have almost every doll I ever had. My Mom and Grandma both loved dolls too. Mama has most of my grandma's "baby dolls" and her sister has the series collectible Madame Alexander dolls, and the more fashion dolls. Mama has a friend who is up in her 80's that seriously collects dolls. She still sews clothes for them when needed, fixes up sad ones like you. She's given Mama several and even gave me one that I adore!