Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! We Love COMMENTS!!! And we answer every one!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Latest Thrift Store find

 My last thrifting trip I only found 1 item, this drop leaf table.

 Both sides open to make an oval table.

 I believe it is walnut.  There is some beautiful grain patterns.

 Dovetail joinery. Nice.

 The finish needed work so I sanded it all over.
It was also a bit too tall, so I shortened the legs.

  You can see here that a rotary sander was used and left swirl marks.

After sanding, I used a wood oil.
 Lemon oil is on the left.  Right side is natural.


 Here is our current kitchen table.  

 It always has a table cloth because I made it and it was pretty rough!

 Here is the new table!
I like it!


All ready for some tea.

8 comments:

Flo said...

Awesome find!!!

Brenda and Sophie said...

I agree! I am very happy.

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is very cozy and your new table fits in perfectly!
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Fawn! I am very happy with it

Jan Conwell said...

What a great find. Makes me want to paint it. :~) (I love to paint furniture.)

Linda Reynolds said...

This is a great find!!!!! I love it! Do you mind letting us know the price so we will know a good deal if we find one?

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you! I like it a lot. I think I paid $4 for it at Salvation Army.

Brenda and Sophie said...

@Jan - HA! I think I will not paint it. My husband, the woodworker, loves wood grain I think he has infected me. :)