You all saw this fireplace in Kirstens cabin sneak peek.
I started with a cardboard box. You can see how I cut off part of the flap to affix pebbles to.
I used brown caulk to stick the stones to the cardboard.
I got a whole bag of pebbles from the craft store, but
if you are patient enough you could use stones from the yard.
Here I have covered 3 flaps of my box to make sides and hearth. The sides of the hearth were too short so I added squares of cardboard before caulking pebbles so the hearth would go out past the sides of the fireplace.
For the inside I printed off images of a stone wall and glued
it to the cardboard. I added a small piece of wood for the mantle and done!
Oh, and this is my cast iron pot.
Applesauce cup, wire and black spray paint.
You also saw Kirsten's bed.
I started with this wood frame from the craft store.
I got this idea from the heart shapes cut in the wood.
I cut it into 4 pieces, leaving the sides as long as possible.
For head and footboard I glued the end pieces to 1/4" plywood.
I made sure my headboard was taller than the footboard.
All 4 pieces glued and painted.
I added some tole painted designs.
(not too bad for a first try!)
Remember this from my latest thrift finds?
The rusted metal ring handles were what made me pick this up.
Here it is now. I painted it to look like a rustic southwest piece.
I added a shelf and now it is a dish cabinet.
This next project is made from a large lunchmeat container,
two TP rolls and misc. wood shapes from the craft store.
After the glue dried I painted it all over with dark grey metallic paint.
I added some embossed silver stickers from the scrapbooking aisle,
and voila! a wood burning stove.
I have also been doing some upcycling.
This skirt and shawl are both thrift store finds.
The skirt was a little girl's skirt I remade.
This shawl was a halter top!
I trimmed off part of the top and hemmed the edge.
I also made this skirt and apron.
I liked the pattern of this fabric for a skirt.
The apron is made from a handkerchief.
It's not too easy to see but the handkerchief is
edged with red embroidery which I thought would make a pretty
apron for Josefina.
I also made this wool felt pony and 6" ragdoll.
I think these 2 may show up in a story soon.