Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Doll Chair Makeover



I found this chair in a thrift store for $3.00.  
I thought it would be perfect as a school desk.
Well, Sophie liked it, but the dolls didn't really fit in it very well.  
The desk area made it so the dolls could not sit down all the way on the seat.
Since Sophie had discarded this desk as "not fun" I put it in Emma's Loft, 
but I didn't like it either for the same reason.  
So, MAKEOVER TIME!!


As you can see the first thing I did was knock off that desk!  
Afterwards I had to reshape this side of the chair with the skill saw and sand it.
(sorry, no pictures of that)


Next was 2 coats of my white trim paint.
While that is drying I head for the sewing room.


I measured the seat of the chair and cut out some matching fabric
from Emma's daybed and made a pillow case.



  I cut out a piece of my go-to pillow and mattress foam - 
old (washed) egg crate foam from my kids beds - and made a cushion.
I didn't finish the open end of this pillow,
just folded inside like an old fashioned sandwich bag.

And here is the refinished chair!

BEFORE......and

 AFTER!!!

Here is the chair in Emma's Loft.

 I LOVE IT!!!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love all your doll stuff and makeovers. You have good ideas. I am going to look at a thrift store with my mom for some doll stuff.

Brenda and Sophie said...

I am glad you like our doll blog Sarah. We have fun putting all the blog posts together!