Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Doll House Update

So I was sitting at my sewing table looking over the doll-room and I realized that I needed to make some changes. Well, the truth is my sewing room was being crowded out by doll paraphernalia.  It's not easy for me to admit, but it was out of control and I needed to make some decisions about the situation. I will not show you a picture of my messy sewing room, but there were some dollhouse issues I was wrangling with.

First of all.  There were 3 dolls sharing this little room.

And 3 dolls sharing this room.

Jess's trunk room was in the middle of the floor.

And Emma and Beth weren't even IN the dollhouse!
They were in this small closet space across the room.

So I thought about it and decided my vintage dolls would have to go into a new space
and the AG dollhouse would be for the AG dolls and the H4H dolls. This was not an easy decision to come to, but after I thought about it I decided I could make it work.

So, here is the dollhouse after the new arrangement.

 The Heart for Heart dolls moved into the attic room on the left.

This is where my Miss Revlon, Camelia's room was.

 You can see they now have more room to play and spread out.

Here is the whole room.

Emma is now in the right side attic room.


Camelia is now where Emma's room used to be,
in the small closet where we store all our AG dresses.

Just below Emma's room, Jess and Jose have moved
twin beds into the room that was
the little girls room.  

 
Jose has shared a room with Julie and Grace for SO long, 
she is happy to have this room with Jess.

This dresser was in Martin's room, but the other dresser I had was too big.



The twins, Beth and Elle, finally have a room together.

Martin's room is in the same spot I just rearranged his furniture a little
I also repainted the drawers on this dresser since Martin's original
 yellow dresser went into Jess and Jose's room.

Madi stayed with her brother Martin.

So, I am very happy with this new arrangement.

HEY!

I think there is room for one more doll!!!


Look at this sweet note that came from the seller.

We are definitely happy Rebecca!

 Zelia!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your doll house is awesome! I'm sure Zelia is glad she left her shelf in Kentucky to live in a California paradise. ;)

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Rebecca! I am sure Zelia is going to have lots of adventures. Next post is her homecoming to the dollhouse.

Flo said...

Zelia is so cute! And I bet Camelia is enjoying her new flat.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Flo, Zelia is so pretty. Her hair is so silky. Yes. Emma is glad to be back with her sisters and Martin in the dollhouse.

Julie Ann Newman said...

Zelia is really pretty. I know the little girls will like having a new friend. My friend Crissy wanted to know what happened to her friends?

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks we are happy to have her. Regarding the Crissy girls, I am still figuring that out. I may be creating a room for them in another area, or they may take the little closet space and my Miss Revlon go somewhere else. I'm juggling doll rooms!! haha

Jan Conwell said...

Your dolls are lucky to have such a great place!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Jan! I have fun with it.

Elle said...

There's always room for another doll!

Linda Reynolds said...

What great doll rooms you have! My doll items are spread far and wide! Caroline's parlor is in my living room window, some rooms are in a small closet, some in a wardrobe, some on shelves, some on dressers,and some on the floor. I make different scenes, so it is always changing. Right now, my doll living room/den has changed into Kirsten's space for her birthday. Then, it will change back.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Elle, I think you are right! haha.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Linda! Well, I was kind of in the same situation with doll stuff spreading out everywhere. I am lucky that my attic space has room for this new dollhouse that my husband built. I still create extra scenes depending on what the dolls are up to, but it is nice that everyone has a place int he dollhouse.