Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Some things we have made

Since Sophie got her first AG doll I have made a LOT of little things that I wanted to share in more detail.  Most of these items you can see in our doll house or in other photos on this blog.  I will try to give a description of how I did these so that you can try it on your own.

This first picture is some mini whisks I made with craft wire.  I think these are self explanatory.  I just used craft wire and looped it around my fingers.  I squashed one end and wrapped it with some more wire.

My second wire creation is a mini Eiffel Tower.  This was a little harder.  I looked at a picture and just simplified it into this.  Sorry I can't be more specific.

These are doll lamps I made from battery powered candles and small candle sticks.  The lamp on the left has a paper cup shade I covered in fabric.

The lamp on the right I curled a wire around the candle flame/bulb and kept making it spiral out into a bigger circle.  I stitched some fabric to my wire spiral.

This is a coffee table I made from some scrap wood and some coat hooks.  You could easily use a pre-cut piece of wood from the craft store.

Here is a view of the bottom

This is a rug I made out of blue jean scraps.  I painted both sides with acrylic paint and then added a pattern.  This is one of the rugs in our doll kitchen.

This is our super easy doll lantern.  This has led to some variations. 


A variation of the lantern.  The top is a lid from a hair product can.  I just added some sticker gems.  We use this as a coffee table lamp or side lamp.

This little lidded box is found in the craft store made of brown pressed paper/cardboard.
 I glued fabric to it and added some ribbon.
This is a little sewing kit I made for a friend of Sophie. I saw these tiny wooden spools at the craft store and wrapped them with thread.  I wound up some embroidery thread into balls to make knitting yarn.  I added some pins to make needles.  I snipped off the sharp points so no one would get pricked.  


And, here is Emma with the sewing basket I made for Sophie's dolls.  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

These are really cute ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

These are really cute ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

These are really super neat ideas. So so cute!
Thanks for sharing

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked our ideas.

Unknown said...

Aw crap, girl. I already have a hard time throwing things away! :) LOL!!! My daughter has friends that have or are getting these dolls. "Mom, can you do this?" We had a My Twinn, so we made lots of stuff, but that was BP, before pinterest...this is like grown up Barbie. I have pinned so many ideas, but the lantern was so stinkin cute!! I guess that I will practice on the friendbabies and wait for grandbabies. Thanks for all the ideas! Hmmm,I made a swing bed, need to go to Anawhite and get furniture ideas. Dang pinterest! I need to sew.

Brenda and Sophie said...

HAHA!! I know how you feel. It takes over- all the cuteness and endless ideas. Look at me, here I am 4 years later and still at it!

Anonymous said...

Brenda and Sophie said...

Right back atcha Canadian Doll notebook! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

What do you need to make the lantern

Brenda Savage said...

If you go back and look at the photo, you will see the 3 pieces I used. A battery votive candle, a medicine cup and a prescription bottle lid. I just hot-glued these together after painting the lid and candle sides.

Unknown said...

How do you get the black markings off the measuring cup. Thank you, Sandy. sandykbowman@live.com

Brenda Savage said...

I must assume you mean the cup used for the lantern. I would try goo-gone or maybe some hairspray to remove measurement markings. Also nail polish remover might work.

Anonymous said...

I like the lamps how did you make the red one