Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, September 10, 2012

Jeans cut off into doll jeans

I thought this might be helpful to some of you.  I tried to take step by step photos.  Just a note, this scrap is cut off from a girls size XL or about a size 6 jean leg.  This is also a stretchy jean, but this should work just as well with regular blue jeans.

Here is the cut off jean leg.   I lay the piece next to the doll and cut it off just above the elbow to allow for folding over to insert the elastic.

Turn piece inside out.  Make a dot at the crotch and cut down the middle.


Stitch around the inseam.  I just let the presser foot stay right on the fabric edge.

Lay the stitched piece next to your doll and fold down the top at the waist line to make a case for the elastic.

Fold the cut edge under and pin.  Stitch around along folded under edge.  
Leave an opening for inserting your elastic.

Use a safety pin to thread the elastic through the opening and all the way around through the waist.

Hand stitch or zig zag stitch the elastic and trim the excess.

After stitching the elastic securely together let it disappear inside your waistband.  
Finish by stretching out the opening and stitching closed.

Finished!!  

And here is Julie modeling the newly made doll jeans.

Note: to make a cut off into a skirt make the same elastic waist as for the jeans.

13 comments:

Carla said...

Thanks for the tutorial. What a good use of clothes scraps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I have made quite a few AG things and I plan to try this one too!

Unknown said...

Great and simple sewing project to do for my daughter and her friends AG sleepover. Thank you

Unknown said...

Great and simple sewing project to do for my daughter and her friends AG sleepover. Thank you

Rebekah Lindenmayer said...

This is awesome!!! I can see making a jean skirt with the other pant leg!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks for your comments. We have fun reusing old clothes to make something for the dolls!

Anonymous said...

SO helpful ! Hopefully I can do this for my Maru doll, Jamie. I love her !

Brenda and Sophie said...

I.m glad you found this helpful.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!
~Meg

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Meg!

Lena74 said...

Thank you for such great directions and photos!

Brenda Savage said...

Glad this was helpful.

Anonymous said...

This pattern will work much better with stretch fabric. Fabric that does not stretch really needs a crotch or gusset.