Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, February 06, 2017

Julie's Collection

We got Julie on our first trip to the American Girl Doll Store in LA. for Sophie's 9th birthday.
What a  fun day!  Every girl should get a doll at the store at least once!

It seems like so long ago, but just 3 years.

 Sadly, some of Julie's meet outfit was lost to puppies.  Her purse and her shoes, sigh.
But, she is wearing her pink Birkenstock's and carrying a crochet shoulder bag.


 My favorite Julie set is her Calico Outfit.

Julie shares this outfit with Josefina - they both look great in it!

Next is Julie's Birthday Dress and hat. 
She is wearing shoes from Kit's school outfit, but this style was also popular in the 70s, so I borrowed. Is it just me or can any of you get this hat to look right on her?

Remember these leather bags?
I found this bag in a gift shop and knew it would be perfect for Julie.

 This outfit is not part of Julie's collection, but I think it is perfect for her.
It is the 2004 American Girl of Today Blue Paisley Talent Show Dress.

The pink shades and beaded belt are very 70s.
And she just looks great in it.

Julie loves her skates! 
We don't have Julie's skating outfit, but may add it in the future.
For now she wears this satin jacket and shorts.

Who didn't have a puka shell necklace in the 70s?

This is the Sophia's Hippie outfit.  
The glasses and belt are from the blue Paisley AG dress.

I added stickers to one of our dollar store guitars to make it look hippie.

 This batik top looks terrific on Julie and I love it with her 2-tone jeans.
This is one of my favorite patterns.

I used her meet outfit belt as a headband.
This purse was part of another doll outfit from Target from 3 years ago.

 From the same pattern as above is this dress I made for Julie.
It is made from an upcycled skirt.

So pretty!

 
 And one last dress from the same pattern.

These little hair clips are from our 6" LalaLoopsy dolls.
They make cute dolls for dolls and they have great hair accessories.

Outfits I want to add!
Julie's New Year Outfit.
I just adore this!

And of course the Patchwork Short set.
I have been stalking these online, but haven't got them yet,
 maybe for my, I mean, Julie's birthday?

UPDATE:
I just ordered the Patchwork Outfit! 
When I realized it was retired, I decided to go ahead and do it.
I also got the New Year's outfit from AG!

15 comments:

Kathy said...

I so enjoy reading your approach to dressing the dolls. When I retired, I decided to collect a few companion dolls for myself with the idea of sewing for them. I bought a naked Kit through eBay and now have five 18-inch dolls and two mid-century dolls. They are looking at me even as I write -- begging for more clothes.

Linda Reynolds said...

I was a teenager in the 60's and 70's and dressed and looked much like Julie, with long blond hair, except my eyes were blue and I parted my hair on the side like Lea. Boy, was that a long, long time ago. Yes, I remember those leather purses. I had mine from the 70's til about seven years ago. I had mold in my closet and the purse was ruined. I enjoy your blog and am so glad you continued with it!

Brenda and Sophie said...

I was in elementary in the 70s. I remember my greatest desire was to have bell bottoms that would completely conceal my feet - shod in earth shoes of course. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. :)

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Kathy, I like to mix things up. I use lots of accessories I've made or found thrifting. I also enjoy sewing for the dolls. I blog about my vintage dolls on The Savage Pea.

Julie Ann Newman said...

*From Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

Stand back, make room, 70s chick coming through! LOL! :o)

I do have many pieces of AG Julie's collection. Original meet outfit, Beforever meet outfit, calico dress, jumpsuit, dog walking outfit, original and counterfeit ist issue PJs, counterfeit 1st issue Christmas dress, Beforever holiday dress, Beforever coat and hat, tunic outfit, skating outfit and skates, skateboarding set, school dance dress, plus accessories like her original bedroom accessories, sound accessories, table and chairs, snack set, lunchbox. I adore that leather purse. I still have mine (similar to Julie's original meet accessories). I was in grade school in the 70s as well (same age as Julie), but since I grew up in NYC near Harlem, we didn't have as much of the hippie and peasant looks as AG Julie has. I absolutely LOVE Etsy for finding 70s looks. Sometimes I get them custom made for both my girls and my boys.

Do you like my 70s clothes collection, Brenda?

Julie Ann Newman said...



From Julie'doll mom, Sharry:*

OOPS! (I also have the parthwork outfit, Ivy's purse and pants.)

Brenda and Sophie said...

LOL, Sharry you crack me up. WOW!! That is awesome! I'm just a newbie compared to you. I LOVE Julie's new coat and hat, but not sure I will get it. I had her New Year's outfit in my cart on AG TODAY but didn't get it. I just got the Patchwork outfit from ebay - very excited. I have been looking at it for awhile. This is what I do. I put things on my watch list or leave it in my cart until I'm sure. I really should be more decisive.

Flo said...

So many cute outfits! I love what you did with the guitar, that is perfect!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Flo! You know me, I can't just leave things alone I must give everything a makeover. I was thinking about changing these guitars somehow, they are very basic, this was the perfect opportunity.

Linda Reynolds said...

Was at at AGP Houston today and the salesperson said Julie is getting some new items.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Oooo! That's exciting! I wonder what it will be?

Anonymous said...

I love any tribute to Julie! One of my favorite Julie items is the BeForever holiday dress. The tights are fantastic and fit is so pretty on her. The sleeves, however, are questionable for a small child... have to be careful putting them on. I'm itching for her new basketball outfit,

Brenda and Sophie said...

I had a dress similar to the Holiday outfit as a girl. My dress w as yellow with lace sleeves. I loved that dress! I was deciding between that dress and the New Year outfit and got the latter. It's nevet too late though, I may add the holiday dress too.

Anonymous said...

PS, I think my daughter is about the same age as yours... she turned 12 this Feb.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Yes, my daughter is also 12. Sadly she is WAY too grown up for dolls, sigh. I still love them though. The longer I do this the more adult doll-lovers I come across. I would love to have an AG conference where we could all meet up!