Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Adding to Molly's Collection

When we were early in our American Girl journey I found our Molly in a thrift store.  She was wearing her green velvet Christmas dress.
 At this point I didn't even know who she was!  It seems strange now.
We found out who she was when we saw her in her Christmas dress at the American Girl store.

Soon after we found Molly I started looking for other pieces of her collection.

Her School dress and school bag came next, as well as her lunchbox and purse. I didn't really think about adding anything else. I have never liked her meet outfit all that much, so our Molly collection stayed here for several years. Then I saw this...

 This is Molly's polka dot Party dress.  I just fell in love! Finding this dress made me look further to see what else I had missed!

So sweet!

 After finding the Polka Dot dress I came across another Molly dress I was not aware of.
Her blue linen Route 66 dress and hat.

The dress buttons up the front. This is an American Girl labeled dress, not Pleasant Company. I think that my PC Molly is slightly plumper than her AG counterparts.

 As I was adding these dresses I decided I should go ahead and get Molly's meet outfit too.
I knew I wanted the Pleasant Company label, so I took my time.

I am still looking for her dickey, but for now I pulled her sweater over her school blouse.

SO, I have been having fun adding some more pieces to Molly's collection, BUT I found a couple more dresses that I thought looked right for her, even though they are not AG.

 This very pretty flowered dress.

I added a little mustard seed pin.

And lastly, this pink lace Carpatina dress.

You look lovely Molly!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sure does! Molly is one lucky little girl to live in the Savage Doll world.

Flo said...

It's always fun when you come across some of the older pieces in good condition. I'm still thrilled over the Apres Ski set I found on Ebay. I hope you find some more of Molly's collection in your searches!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Anon! Please sign your name so I know who you are!

Brenda and Sophie said...

I was looking at the Apres Ski set after I saw it on your blog. You really started this search. I guess I realized that I better add some outfits before they all disappear! I also really wanted to get Pleasant Co. which means they will begin to be harder to find the longer I wait.

Linda Reynolds said...

She is a beautiful doll with a wonderful wardrobe!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! My apologies, Brenda and Sophie, for commenting anonymously. It's me, Fawn.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Linda, I do love our Molly. The funny thing is that my favorite dress for her is the pink lace which is not even AG.

Julie Ann Newman said...

*From Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

I love Molly's books. I remember when I first started getting Pleasant Company Catalogs in the mail, (which I had kept them) how much I liked Molly's collection. Julie has a book bag just like Molly's (sans the name), b/c some things didn't change much from the 40s to the 70s. (and likewise w/ those Buster Brown shoes Kit had in her reporter set).

Brenda and Sophie said...

That is so true! I had a book bag like this in the 70s but it was red and blue. I loved that bag. I didn't know Julie had a book bag! I need to look this up. I am discovering all kinds of AG items I was not aware of.

Julie Ann Newman said...

OOPS! I should say that MY Julie has that book bag! I got it from a defunct online doll store. (I keep forgetting she's not the "AG" Julie). Bridget (#61) also has a counterfeit Molly Christmas dress. It's so pretty w/ her pretty green eyes and red hair.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Haha! I was looking online for her bookbag! I like that idea though so I am keeping an eye open for a bookbag for my Julie. You know how I like to mix up AG accessories with other things I find.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Haha Fawn, I thought that might be you!

vbennett said...

Aww I love Molly's new dresses! She is so pretty! :)

ginnie / http;//www.fakingitmostly.com

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks V, I do too. I do love our MOlly's new things. :)