Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Welcome Carter Family!


Knock, knock.

Hello, I'm Julie, you must be Justin.

Yeah hi!  These are my sisters, Martin said I should bring them with me.

 This is Jayla and Jonquil.

Hey Dude!  Let's hit the treehouse.

Yeah! OK!

Hey Molly, this is Jonquil.  Can we have some cookies?
Sure, I'll have some coming out of the oven soon.  I'll bring them up.

Thanks!

Jonquil I love your name!  It's so pretty.

Thanks, it's the name of a flower my mom likes.

I really like all your dolls.

Happy smiles.

Molly, this is Jayla, Justin's twin!

Nice to meet you Jayla.  Would you like a cupcake in a bit?
They're almost done?

Sure thanks!

So tell us Jayla, what's it like having a BOY twin?

It's just like having a brother, but we seem closer than a lot
of brothers and sisters.

We are so curious because we are twins too.

Yeah...I kinda figured that out.  Hehe.

(all laughing)

Where did you move from?

Virginia, just outside Washington D.C.

Wow.  I went to Washington a couple years ago.  
It was a really great trip.

So can I ask a question? How many of you are there?

Well, there are 12 of us girls and Martin.  He complains about all us girls sometimes.

Hehe, Justin complains and he just has us 2!

CUPCAKES EVERYONE!

I made some smoothies too.  
There's strawberry, chocolate and green tea.

Wow, this is yummy thanks Molly.
Thanks for the great welcome.



MORE ABOUT THE CARTER KIDS.

We want to welcome our new neighbors and friends.
Justin, Jayla and Jonquil.

Justin and Jayla are twins.  

Jonquil is the twins baby sister.

They are a military family.  Their dad is Colonel Carter, 
now stationed at Camp Pendleton.

Before moving here they lived in Reston, Virginia
Reston is a suburb of Washington D.C.
Their Dad worked at the Pentagon. Pretty cool huh?

The kids think they'll like living here on the California coast,
especially now that they have so many new friends!

14 comments:

Linda Reynolds said...

Welcome Carter family! I too come from a military family. We were also stationed at Camp Pendleton years ago. Brenda, can you tell us about your doll rooms, size, materials used, etc.

Julie Ann Newman said...

*From Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

Welcome Carter family! I used to live out your way (San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente) and had friends (and an ex-husband) who were stationed at Camp Pendelton. I know you're gonna have a fun time w/ the Savage Family.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Linda. Wow, what a small world! My husband is former military too. We never were stationed out here though.

Our doll house is made up of separate room boxes. Built from 1/2" plywood and the back walls of something thinner. All the boxes have the same height (23") and depth (19"). The largest room is the Living room/kitchen combo. It is 66" wide. The large bedrooms are 31" wide and there is one large box divided into 2 smaller rooms, it is 48" wide with a divider wall in the center.

https://thesavagedolls.blogspot.com/2015/06/we-have-new-house.html - this is the blog post about how my husband built the house. I hope this helps!

Brenda Savage said...

It is such a small world! I think Martin is the most excited of everybody! He does nothing but talk about Justin and how cool he is. Those two have spent every minute they could together in Martin's treehouse.

Flo said...

It's always fun to meet new people. Welcome to the Carter's!

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Flo. all the kids are so happy to make new friends.

Anonymous said...

How nice of Martin and his sisters to make the Carters feel so welcomed!
Fawn

Xyra Silverleaf said...

Welcome to the Carters! New neighbors can be fun and it looks like this family will fit right in.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Fawn, I think everyone is excited to have new friends!

Brenda Savage said...

Hey Melody, this is Martin. Justin is a great friend already. He gets how I love my sisters but I really wanted to have a 'guy' friend. Justin and his sister's have moved a LOT so I hope they stay here a long time.

Anonymous said...

The Carter Family looks like a fun addition to the neighborhood. I enjoyed seeing pictures from the other places they have lived. The dollhouse kitchen is fabulous!

Brenda Savage said...

WE are very excited the Carter's moved into our neighborhood. Thanks, the doll house is in a state of constant change.

vbennett said...

Adorable! Welcome to the Carter's! I just love Jonquil! All of your Hearts 4 Hearts girls are so cute! I am so glad that Martin finally has a guy friend to hang out with up in his treehouse! :)

ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

Brenda Savage said...

Martin is thrilled to have a guy friend! He loves his sisters, but that's a lot of girls for one guy! Jonquil is very sweet, all the H4H girls are.