Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Some amazing finds!

 My husband forwarded me an ad for these 
AG items being sold in our area. 
Apparently this lady was selling them for someone else.
She was selling this bed, which she thought was a bed from Target.
When I got home I realized it is the AG bed!

It had the trundle too.

She also had Molly's hairdryer. 

 And the complete baking set.

 So cute!

She also had this Julie.  
We already have a Julie, but I couldn't leave her!
So I decided to fix her up and give her away to a little 
girl who could not otherwise afford an AG doll.
Julie was very clean, but her hair was a bit rough
I used spray wig conditioner and brushed it out.
She had this horrible outfit on so I knew she needed something new.

  She liked watching me sew her new dress.

I've had this skirt I found thrifting for months,
And suddenly I knew it was perfect for this Julie!

 I made her a flower headband.

 So pretty!

I liked this dress so much I made one for our Julie too!

 So Julie is all set now with shoes and a shoulder bag.



 Here she is in her carrying case with new PJs,
ready to go to her new home.

So now I will be contacting my ladies group and asking if they
know a little girl who never had an American Girl Doll.
I'll keep you posted!

UPDATE: Julie went to a Grandma to give to her granddaughter.  She is raising her granddaughter alone, so this is just what I wanted for this Julie.

16 comments:

Linda Reynolds said...

What amazing finds!!!! You will make some little girl extremely happy this Christmas!!! May God truly bless you for this act of kindness!!!!😊

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Linda! I accept your blessing. :) It is my desire to make some little girl happy and her parents too! I seem to come across these dolls all the time, but I can't keep them all, so when they come my way I'll give them away.

Linda Reynolds said...

I forgot to tell you that I really like the dresses you made!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! I love your blog. Thank you for being a generous person who will find a wonderful home for Julie.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Linda!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Melissa! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Julie went to a Grandma who is taking care of her granddaughter by herself. I'm very happy she has a new home.

Flo said...

What a bunch of awesome finds! I love that baking set. How sweet of you to get that Julie with the sole purpose of re-homing her. I'm glad to hear that she went to a good home. :) Love the dress you made.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks it was lots of fun for me. I wish I could see this girls face! Oh and thanks I was happy with this dress, the aqua color looked beautiful on Julie.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job fixing Julie's hair.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

That dress you put on Julie is lovely and some little girl will love her.
Marion

Julie Ann Newman said...

*From Julie's doll mom, Sharry:*

Super AG finds! And that was SO sweet of you to fix up a Julie so a little girl could have something special for Christmas. I love her outfit! So groovy!

*From Julie:*

AG Julie's outfit is far out!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Marilyn. Overall she was in great shape. She just had a few curled hairs and flyaways.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Marion, I was very happy with how it turned out.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Julie, I thought of you too when I made this dress, it is right from you time! A little girl is getting Julie. Her Grandma is raising her alone, so this is just what I was hoping, for a girl who could not afford a doll to have her.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gesture! That's what Christmas is all about, sharing the love.
Fawn









Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Fawn, I feel like I enjoyed it the most. I wish I could see this little girls face on Christmas morning!