Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another great doll find!!

Madame Alexander 18" doll
Style #50970
Let me just say here that I feel the Madame Alexander dolls
Have truly lovely faces.  The hair is not the quality
of the AG dolls, but in every other way they are
a great 18" doll.

 Found this girl at a thrift store for $1.50.

 Her hair was in bad shape.

And, she was a little grimy.

 So, hairwash.  Downy dunk for just an hour or two.

 While her hair was soaking I gave her a baking soda bath.


 You can see here how much dirt came off!

 While her hair is still slightly damp I used
a ceramic (NOT METAL!) flat iron set on lowest setting.

 Small sections at a time I smoothed her hair.

Here is a straightened strand.


Added 3/27/15

(NOTE:  I am now recommending using wig 
shampoo and conditioner, instead of the downy dunk!!)


AND HERE SHE IS!!









 Her hair is in a layered style.

As usual I was going to sell her, but
Sophie named her 
Skyler Holly Anderson


Before & After

6 comments:

Flo said...

You always find the coolest dolls to redo and you do such a good job with them! She looks so much better, I love her layered hair.

Also--I have my girls all decked out in warm jammies now thanks to your tip about the preemie clothes, way too cute.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you! I have been so lucky with my finds lately!

Brenda and Sophie said...

OH! and glad all your girls have warm jammies!

Aunt Mimi said...

How neat! Hello Skyler. Love the name.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Sharon! Skyler has been a great addition to our doll family.

Anonymous said...

I have a few of those dolls and of course AMGirl