Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, November 24, 2014

Found Vintage Madame Alexander Doll



I found this Madame Alexander baby doll 
at a thrift store for $2.99!

 She was wearing this dress which did not fit her,
so I knew it was not her original dress.
Her hair was matted and felt gummy.

 She was very dirty and had pen marks.  


Her hair felt dirty, so first thing I washed her hair.
I used some fabric softener after her wash to soften her hair which was very frizzy.
NOTE: since this post I have highly recommended wig shampoo
and conditioner instead of downy dunk.
Doll care & cleaning tips!
Next, baking soda bath with a washcloth.  
I was careful to avoid her eyes.
All the marks came off!!

A pretty dress and a careful hair styling and here she is!
I did a little research and she is a 1975 "Puddin" crier doll
though her crier no longer works.

BEFORE    &     AFTER

I was going to resell this baby but Sophie and I fell in love with her!
So, we named her Juliette.

4 comments:

Flo said...

She's adorable! I can't get over how nice she turned out too, great job.

Sophie and Brenda said...

Thanks! I was pretty happy with the results too. I had thought I would resell her, but I fell in love with her sweet face. Amazing what a hair brushing and a pretty dress can do!

discodiva1979 said...

WoW! I would have kept her too-Nice Job & Thanks for the tips

Brenda and Sophie said...

I am glad you liked the results! I love restoring dolls and sharing what I have learned with other doll lovers.